Gym managers have a lot to handle on a daily basis, so it’s no wonder successful gyms are constantly looking for ways to outsource and streamline time-consuming operations. The value of having a trusted partner to handle membership Direct Debit collections is crystal clear. So too is having access to software that automates many of the day-to-day operations that make up so much of a gym manager’s role.
But too often, gym managers see payment partners and software providers as two separate entities. They shouldn’t. Because this mindset leads to several problems…
The Biggest Challenge With Multiple Providers
The most pressing issue is the disconnect. With one partner collecting membership fees, and one providing business management software, there’s no through line. The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. Something which causes a number of knock-on problems:
- Multiple databases. With data stored across multiple databases, filled with often conflicting information that tells different stories, it’s difficult to see which database is correct.
- Lack of integration. With different providers, integration can be patchy, delayed, and often incomplete.
- Time consuming. Two partners means two sets of briefs, two sets of calls for updates, two sets of reports to analyse.
- Poor member experience. This disconnect can filter through to your members – if you don’t always have updated membership information, issues can soon arise.
The simplest solution is to remove this issue entirely. Because your payment partner and software provider don’t need to be disconnected. They don’t have to be separate.
The Benefits of a Combined Payment and Software Partner
Finding one partner who can offer you a joined-up service that includes membership payment collections embedded within software to manage your day-to-day operations removes this disconnect entirely. But it doesn’t just avoid a potential problem. Finding a combined partner offers real, tangible benefits:
- Greater insight and visibility. A combined partner lets you see real-time payment statuses and membership information, notes from your partner about money owed or arrangements made, and a wealth of insights that let you identify potential problems, proactively engage members and pre-empt issues before they arrive.
- Seamless integrations. A single partner removes the disconnect and any integration challenges. All payments and pending Direct Debits are connected to a single database that works seamlessly with your existing processes.
- More flexibility and control. Having one single, intuitive solution means you can independently make changes to your membership packages and prices whenever you like. You can act fast, with no need to consult with or wait for payment providers. Members also have greater control of their own memberships, logging on to online portals to make payments or changes.
- Accurate decision making. A single, complete member view eliminates delays in receiving data, along with inconsistencies and inaccuracies in reporting. You receive reliable reports on member numbers and income, allowing for smarter business decisions – made quickly and effectively – based on trusted, accurate data.
- A better member experience. Most importantly, a single payment and software partner offers a more streamlined, more intuitive member experience. No confusion at Reception over whether membership payments have been made, and no problems with automated access controls due to out-of-date information. Just a quick, easy way for members to actively manage their payment details and resolve any payment problems.
Choosing a single partner helps your gym manage all your payment processes, membership plans and access control more effectively. It streamlines your operations and increases the value you get from your software.
And, crucially, a single payment and software provider – like Xplor Gym – delivers a much better membership experience to help you reduce member churn and improve your retention rates.
Article by Xplor Gym
First published: 28 March 2022
Last updated: 31 October 2023